Scroll down for registration links for 2018 Spring Season
Neighborhood Teams | Semi-Annual Training for Coaches | Practice in Your Local Park
All coaches at this level are parent volunteers. Semi-annual training sessions are available prior to each season
The Recreational Program is an entry level program for all players.
Highlights of the program include:
Placement: Returning players have priority placement back on their teams as long as they meet the returning player deadline. Vacancies on teams are filled on a first come, first served basis and new teams are formed after that.
We have a special program for preschoolers called Sparks. For more information visit our SPARK'S page.
Winter and summer player skills camps are available to all players for an additional cost for most age groups.
Spring Registration opens: November 4
Returning Player Deadline: January 20
Registration Closes: February 15
Practice Schediles Posted: mid-late February
CSA League Game Schedules Posted: March 2
Home flight Game Schedules Posted: March 5
Practices Begin: Week of March 5
Recreational Games Begin: March 17
NO Recreational Games: March 24
Last Recreational Games: May 12 (older teams may go through May 19)
(Click on the birth year for specific information on each age group and also see our new FAQ link above)
|Birth Year||Age Group||Format||Max Team Size||Ball Size|
THUNDER Program Ages U8-U10
All coaches are parent volunteers. Semi-annual training sessions are available for all coaches prior to each season.
• TEAM Program for more committed players
• Volunteer Coaches - Background check required annually
• 7-8 games per season
• 2 practices per week (1 weekly team practice and 1 Thunder training session every Friday at Gates) -weather permitting
* Qualified Storm Coach
* Volunteer Coaches receive the same curriculum as the trainers and are encouraged to participate as part of their coaching education. Thunder teams will play in the In-house league against other teams enrolled in the Thunder training program and Recreational teams.
* Fall Season - In-house Leagues in the U9-U10 Games at Gates and 1-2 games in Castle Rock
* Spring Season U10 - 4 Games at Gates and 4 games away (Ft. Collins and south to Colorado Springs)
The Thunder Program opens the door for teams and players to play at a more advanced level moving forward prior to competitive soccer at U-11.
Thunder Plus/ Tier 2 Select
Felipe Quiroga - South Administrator of U9 & U10 Girls Thunder Plus & Thunder Select
Jill Winten - South Administrator of U8-U10 Boys & Girls, 2007-2003 Girls Recreational & Thunder
Kelly St.Martin - South Administrator U5-U7 Girls & Boys, 2007-2003 Boys Recreational
Eric Jensen - Director of Coaching Competitive U11-U12 Girls & Director Recreational Girls (South)
Felipe Quiroga - Assistant Director Recreational Girls (South)
Dave Kunitz - Director of Coaching Recreational Boys (South)
Tommy Alioto - Director of Coaching Recreational Boys (South)
Katie Beaudoin - Sparks Director