Neighborhood Teams | Semi-Annual Training for Coaches | Practice in Your Local Park
All coaches at this level are parent volunteers. Semi-annual training sessions are available prior to each season
The Recreational Program is an entry level program for all players.
Highlights of the program include neighborhood teams, generally, a 7 or 8-game season, preceded by two weeks of practice (weather permitting). Practices are typically at neighborhood parks – selected by the volunteer coach.
Returning players have priority placement back on their teams as long as they meet the returning player deadline. Vacancies on teams are filled on a first come, first served basis and new teams are formed after that.
Winter and summer player skills camps are available to all players for an additional cost for most age groups.
|Birth Year||Age Group||Format||Max Team Size||Ball Size|
THUNDER Program Ages 8-10
All coaches are parent volunteers. Semi-annual training sessions are available for all coaches prior to each season.
• TEAM Program for more committed players
• Volunteer Coaches - Background check required annually
• 7-8 games per season
• Thunder training session every Friday at Gates (weather permitting)
* Qualified Storm Coach
* Volunteer Coaches receive the same curriculum as the trainers and are encouraged to participate as part of their coaching education. Thunder teams will play in the In-house league against other teams enrolled in the Thunder training program and Recreational teams.
* Fall Season
- In-house Leagues in the U9-U10 Games at Gates and 1-2 games in Castle Rock
* Spring Season U10
- 4 Games at Gates and 4 games away (Ft. Collins and south to Colorado Springs)
The Thunder Program opens the door for teams and players to play at a more advanced level moving forward prior to competitive soccer at U-11.
Gina King - South Director of Operations & Administrator of U11-U18 Boys & Girls, Recreational Division
Felipe Quiroga - South Administrator of U9 & U10 Girls Thunder Plus & Thunder Select
Herman Sullivan - South Administrator of U9 & U10 Boys Thunder Plus & Thunder Select
Jill Winten - South Administrator of U8-U10 Boys & Girls, Recreational & Thunder
Kelly St.Martin - South Administrator of Sparks (U4 Boys & Girls), U5-U7 Girls & Boys , Recreational & Thunder & Camp Registrar
Eric Jensen - Director of Coaching Competitive U11-U12 Girls & Thunder Director U7-U10 Girls (South)
Felipe Quiroga - Assistant Thunder Director U7-U10 Girls (South)
Herman Sullivan - Assistant Thunder Director U7-U10 Boys (South)